If you in a band then you’ll be used to performing and will understand the increased value it brings when you perform really well, but when it comes to promoting your band there is something else that needs to put in a cracking performance so that your band can get the recognition it deserves…
It isn’t enough just to have a website or webpage, you need to optimise it for the search engines so that people can find you when searching online for new music or bands in your area.
With SEO it Right on your side you can take advantage of the massive audience the internet offers. Here are their top five tips for increasing your online exposure:
1) Get your site right – if you don’t have a website then you are missing out on a huge amount of exposure. Your website is like a shop front – it not only advertises your band and provides a source of information for fans but if optimised correctly for the search engines and incorporated into social networking sites, it can bring lots of internet traffic your way and thus increase your band’s presence online.
2) Give SEO a go – Search Engine Optimisation can give your band the exposure it needs online, helping you to rank in the top pages for relevant keywords. When people type in searches for new tunes, bands in your area or your style of music you want to be on the top search engine results pages for these keywords. An SEO company will create content about your band and your music, publish it all over the internet and create the backlinks to your website that the search engines love – all of which will boost your rankings and traffic.
3) Socialise – social networking is a critical element of any online marketing campaign as it can help you to reach a much wider audience. By integrating social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook and YouTube into your website and online marketing plan you can promote your band and get more people to listen to your music.
4) Leave your mark – by leaving plenty of bookmarks on social bookmarking sites, such as Digg, Delicious and Reddit, you can increase awareness of your band and drive more traffic to your website so that visitors can find out more about you and your music. Your SEO company can create these bookmarks for you as part of their monthly services so you don’t have to worry about visiting all of these sites yourself!
5) Reach more ears – by uploading your audio files to sites such as Audio Street and YouTube and then linking back to these from your website or your Twitter account, you create awareness about your band. If you are having SEO on your website, then you’ll be getting an increased amount of traffic to your site anyway which means even more people can follow these links to hear your latest music.
No matter what your style of music, increasing your fan base is crucial to the success of your band and SEO can help you to promote you and your music to a wider audience.
For more information on improving the performance of your website please contact Adam at SEO it Right Ltd on 0121 288 2787 firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the SEO it Right website for further information.